Saturday, January 17, 2009

First Haircut: An essay in pictures

On Saturday, we took Katie for her very first haircut. She was great. She's been moving to 1 nap a day, so we weren't sure if she'd be too tired. But she was a champ. Afterwards, we stopped at the brand new Five Guys Burgers that was built next door to the haircut place, and took home some delicious food. In surprising news, Katie has decided she likes french fries.



Getting in the chair


Hello paparazzi! Mom and Dad, of course, went for the "First Haircut Package" which included a keepsake package for some of Katie's hair and a video of the entire haircut (although we think maybe Mom was standing in front of the camera for part of it, so the video may not be particularly interesting). We wonder if there have EVER been parents at this place who decided to forego that package. Doubtful.


All ready to go, now! There is a TV to watch, too. (Note glassy eyes.)


Hmm, not so sure about this lady wielding scissors and a spray bottle





Oh! I can have the bottle? Well that's not so bad then.





If you're nice, I'll give you a spritz.










Starting to look good! High five Mommy! Time to cut your bangs, too, Mom.


















I hope we can keep this spiked look going. I always wanted to look like I hear my Godmother Anne used to!



After! What a beauty!













Everything's great now Dad's holding me. Also, I CAN SEE!!!














1 comment:

Juliet said...

John will be VERY jealous when he sees KatieJean's haircut car. His first cut was in the garage!