Saturday, February 6, 2010

Halloween

Just realized I didn't do an October/ Halloween post. The kids were so cute in their costumes, I'll have to do that! Many thanks to Aunt Anne for making Katie's butterfly costume, which was cousin Jorie's when she was Katie's age. It has held up beautifully and she received MANY compliments on it.

First, while our kitchen was being remodeled, we took a trip down to Indy. Thanks so much for having us, Grandma and Grandpa Henn!



Katie went to a giant party with Dad and two of our neighbors - dads and daughters only! They had a blast. Of course, what 2 year old wouldn't have a blast when dinner is a huge cookie? Note that all 3 were butterflies for Halloween.


Everyone looks just a shade guilty here - "Dad said I could eat this cookie!!"


Katie even trick-or-treated this year. She got to do it twice -in our neighborhood, which was busy as always, and at Latham, where all the attorneys and secretaries had treats out for the kids. Despite the cold, it turns out that getting candy is pretty awesome. And it was great to have Jenny there to help!







We also went to the same Halloween concert we attended last year. Everyone had fun and Katie got to dance up front by the stage.





And Katie was really good at making Halloween cookies!

Oh, and one last thing - a picture of the screen on the Today show - our (literal) moment of fame. I just happened to look at the TV while the Penna family was wandering across the screen. This is us, leaving the H1N1 shots line after we realized it would be a 3 hour late. No worries, we all eventually got the shots.


And because I just recently figured out how to upload pictures from my iphone onto the computer, I thought I'd share this one of a nice moment with cousin Louie from last summer! I'll have to upload some more because I know we have some cute shots of the visit from Aunts Anne and Jennifer and Uncle Christian in October!

No comments: